Nick Burrow – Supervisory Tutor
After six years completing a Bachelor and Masters degrees in the United States, Nick went on to work with both collegiate and professional athletes in various sports. He is a certified exercise physiologist through the American College of Sports Medicine, and a certified strength and conditioning specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Nick brings the latest exercise science and conditioning knowledge and principles to ensure that students are receiving high quality academic and practical information. Nick also brings with him, first-hand experience of the competitive world of athletics, having been a multiple New Zealand champion, United States collegiate champion, and has represented New Zealand on the track.
Nick is an experienced Site Supervisor Tutor having managed the New Zealand Institute of Sport, Christchurch site for many years and also has the responsibility of Site Supervisor Tutor for the New Zealand College of Massage.
Specialist Areas: Sports strength & conditioning, exercise physiology, exercise metabolism.
- Masters degree in Science
- Bachelor degree in Exercise Physiology
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
Linda Myers – Diploma & Certificate Tutor Linda
Linda has a background in physiotherapy, wellness and relaxation massage. After finishing her degree in physiotherapy in 2005, she worked for several institutions like hospitals, private clinics and Retirement Homes in Munich before setting up her own part-time business in mobile therapeutic massage.
She moved to New Zealand in 2010 and worked for Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa and the Institute of Golf Auckland. In 2014, Linda moved back to Canterbury and re-opened her business while contracting herself out to other local businesses. Linda is a passionate therapist with a wide range of hands-on techniques and practical knowledge.
- Degree in Physiotherapy (2005 GER)
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Certificate (2005)
- Certificate in Reflexology (2008)
- Certificate in Hot Stone Massage Therapy (2009)
- Certificate in Ayurvedic Massage Therapy (2008-2009)
- Certificate in Pregnancy Massage (2012)
- Business Management (2015)
- Certificate in Kinesio Taping (2013)
Linzi Thorburn – Diploma Tutor
After four years of study in Sport and Exercise Science (Sports Injuries) and Sports Massage, Linzi completed her BSC (honours) degree. Linzi has worked as Massage Therapist since graduating, mostly specialising in Sports Massage, pre and post event massage, sports injuries and rehabilitation, and strapping and taping.
Originally from Scotland, Linzi moved to New Zealand in 2013 and has worked within well-known clinics in a multi-disciplinary environment. This expanded her knowledge, which in turn benefited her clients and students needs. Linzi enjoys teaching her passion to help mould students into great therapists. Linzi’s strengths lie within musculoskeletal anatomy, Pathophysiology, Practical massage, Orthopaedic testing, Kinesio Taping and Anatomy and Physiology.
- BSC Honours degree in Sports & Exercise Science (Sports Injuries) (2013)
- Diploma Sports Massage (2013)
- Kinesio Taping (2013)
- Diploma Sports Coaching With Development of Sport (2009) Experience: Kneading Treatment – Private Business SFA – Football Coach 2009-2013 BKS Dance Academy – 2013 Painremovers Massage – 2013-2016 Tutor NZCM – Present