Aromatherapy for the Massage Therapist
This two-day workshop is designed to give you the confidence to use basic aromatherapy safely with your clients within your scope of practice as a massage therapist for physical and emotional conditions.
Aromatherapy has increased in popularity and not all essential oils can be used in the treatment or diffused in the clinic safely.
This course has been designed to allow you to incorporate these aromatic oils and gain an understanding of this complex therapy.
The student will be able to:
1. Learn how to read a test report on the essential oils you buy so you select the correct essential oils to use in a massage practice.
2. Learn basic aroma chemistry so you can determine which essential oils and their chemotype are suitable for use in the massage therapy setting.
3. Blend basic scents for conditions that a massage therapist deals with form stress to muscular pains.
4. Identify when aromatherapy could be used and when not to use aromatherapy on your clients.
5. learn practical work and demonstrations for aromatherapy applications in the clinical practice.
Location and Dates
- 14 - 15 September
- 16 - 17 September
Equipment and Supplies Needed
- Textbook for reference: Aromatherapy for Massage Practitioners By Ingrid Martin.
- Essentials oils you own, but not necessary.