Oct 4, 2018
It has been announced that the New Zealand Institute of Sport (NZIS), and New Zealand College of Massage (NZCM) will be moving together to level 1 of the heritage railway building in Wellington from late January 2019.
Staff are excited to be moving into a modern and newly refurbished learning environment, and will have the benefits of a dual campus for students. The central city location will provide staff and students with cafes, public transport and facilities all in an easy walking distance. It will literally be a one-minute walk from the bus or train.
Chief Executive Officer, Mark Worsop said, “This is great opportunity for our staff and students to work collaboratively in a space shared by multiple tertiary providers. The purpose built fit-out facility is an investment in the future growth and development of NZIS and NZCM, both of which provide high quality, industry relevant, and niche vocational training to the sports and recreation, and muscular therapy sectors respectively.”
The new purpose built learning environments will offer:
• Classrooms built to enhance student learning experiences, with digital and technology facilities;
• Spacious gym and performance lab spaces, with extended facilities and equipment along with showers and lockers;
• NZCM massage therapy clinics (relaxation, therapeutic, remedial and sports massage will be catered for);
• Light, bright and welcoming campus environment with comfortable student areas, encouraging collaboration, onsite study and fellowship; and
• Connected staff office spaces and meeting rooms
The New Zealand Institute of Sport and the New Zealand College of Massage are part of the New Education Group, the vocational and higher learning division of ACG Education who operate a number of colleges. The new campus provides the opportunity to grow and expand, with new programmes for 2019 and beyond.
Programmes on offer at the new campus in Wellington will include health, wellness, sport, exercise and recreation from level 2 to level 7. Students will also have the opportunity to study NZMA delivered pharmacy and health programmes to further bolster career options as well.