Bachelor of Health Studies - Neuromuscular Therapy (Level 7)
Our degree will prepare you for an exciting career in Health, by providing you with the highest level of training in one of the fastest growing industries. With our comprehensive programme, you will learn to assess, problem-solve and apply clinical reasoning with your
in-depth knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology. You will also have the opportunity to work with specialists in ENT (ear, nose and throat), Physio, Osteo and rehabilitation facilities.
This degree is the gold standard for massage education. Aligned with international education best practice, it offers superior evidence-based theories on structure and function of the human body, ethical considerations and the client as a whole person, with a thorough grounding in research in areas such as:
- Intra Oral
- Jaw (TMJ)
- Cranial and neck-specific techniques for specialty applications in clients who suffer from migraine and whiplash
- Chronic ENT (ear, nose and throat conditions and Headaches
A wide range of industry-experienced teaching staff, most in current clinical practice, guide you towards mastering a variety of hands-on techniques, and supporting you to integrate your learning and apply it in a clinic context.
Includes all components of the diploma and additionally:
- Lymphatic drainage and oncology massage
- Research Methodology - critical analysis of current research and case studies
- Sports Taping and mobilisation - refine and apply specialised skills in Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) for specific dysfunction
- e.g. temporomandibular (dysfunction, introduction to principles of pharmacology)
- Psychology of the Therapeutic Relationship - includes concepts and theories relating to chronic disease and pain
- Integrated therapies - principles and theories incorporating a holistic approach to client care.
- NQF Level 7
- Auckland and Wellington campuses
- 40 hours minimum Student Clinic experience per Semester
- Tuition fees: $6800 (incl GST) - Year 3
- Course Related Cost: $322 (incl GST)
- Recommended Course Items: $1403 (incl GST)
- Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink.
For International Students:
- Tuition fees: $49,000
- Year 1 $17,000
- Year 2 $17,000
- Year 3 $17,000
Bachelor of Health Studies (Neuromuscular Therapy)
- 5 March 2018
This programme is offered in Auckland and Wellington
36 weeks including 6 weeks of holiday.
- Be over 18 years of age and:
- Successful completion of the NZCM Level 5 and Level 6 Diplomas, or equivalent
- ‘B’ average minimum in the NZCM Level 6 Diploma
- Discretionary admission available
- Additionally, International Students:
Competence in English language - score at least IELTS 6.0 (Academic) in all aspects of the test or NZQA approved equivalent.