Certificate in Relaxation Massage (Level 4)
Breathe in and relax! This is the programme for you to learn the skills of relaxation massage, and reduce normal muscle tension to generate a feeling of wellbeing in the body. With highly experienced tutors, you will learn and practice the techniques of massage and gain confidence to operate as a qualified relaxation massage therapist.
Relaxation massage brings about a general sense of unwinding in the body and reduces muscle tension. It assists general health and immune function, and reduces the effects of stress, anxiety and trauma. Pressure may be lighter or deeper, depending on the receiver, and may be general or focused on particular muscle groups. This programme combines instruction on current relaxation massage techniques and quality of touch, with relevant information on the human body.
This programme will provide students with the basic knowledge of the body and relaxation massage techniques for use on healthy friends and family. It will also equip students to enhance academic skills to further study in a qualification of Massage Therapy.
This Certificate is a useful addition to other professional health and fitness qualifications (e.g. personal training).
- Relaxation Massage Techniques
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Professional Massage Therapy - equipment and use
- Introduction to Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Massage setup, client assessment and draping techniques
- First Aid Certification - a requirement for all practicing health practitioners, including massage therapists
- Pre-Practice - setting up your own massage therapy practice
- Short course offerings: Introduction to Surface Anatomy-identification of bones and muscles
- Clinic experience - with a minimum of 30 hours observations and massage practice management
Certificate in Study and Career Preparation for Massage
- 5 Feb 2018
- 16 July 2018
- 6 month full-time programme, NQF Level 4
- 10 month part-time programme
- Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch campuses
- Pending NZQA approval
The Certificate programme is provided as a 6 month full-time or 10 month part-time options.
- Allow at least 18 hours per week for additional study, Student Clinic, and massage practice
- Programme includes 30 supervised clinic hours at the College, including evenings and weekends
- Part-time home study consists of assessments and monthly modules for Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology by distance learning
- All components must be completed within 6 months
- Part-time:10 hours per week; second or third weekend includes Student Clinic
- Tuition fees: $3000 (incl GST)
- Course related costs: $500 (incl GST)
- Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink.
For International Students:
- Tuition fees: $10,900 (incl GST)
- Course related costs: $900 (incl GST)
This programme is offered in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch
- NCEA Level 3 equivalent
- Discretionary admission possible
- Be over 18 years of age
Some medical conditions may exclude you from study. Please contact NZCM if you have a medical condition.