Introduction to Cupping Therapy
Using Chinese Medicine holistic principles as a foundation, this workshop offers safe and clear instruction to help you confidently add or refresh cupping techniques for Muscular Skeletal and Myofascial Release based treatment taught by Nicci Blain.
- Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine, 8 principles and Meridian theory
- Introduction to Cupping theory - history and traditional use
- Common reactions, contraindications and safety considerations
- Traditional Fire Cupping
- Cupping in a rehabilitation setting; treatment principles for common disorders
- Vacuum Cupping techniques for shoulder, limb, lumber, and neck disorders
- Myofascial connections and latest research findings
- Sliding techniques for MFR
Nicci has been a registered acupuncturist and teacher in the complementary/allied health sector in Christchurch for the past 15 years. Research & technology have made huge leaps to help our understanding of health & the role of allied & complementary healthcare practitioners.
Nicci’s teaching style reflects this, incorporating an evidence-based health science academic approach with the holistic nature of her Traditional Chinese Medicine background. Recently returning to NZCM, Nicci brings her extensive knowledge & experience of being an ACC registered practitioner working in multidisciplinary practice, together with passion for the wellness industry to share, teach, support and develop students to continually improve themselves and their practice.
Dates and Locations
- 7 October
Equipment and Supplies Needed
- Personal Linen
- Optional glass or plastic cupping set if owned
Available to all allied health practitioners. You must have a minimum diploma qualification (or study towards).