Prenatal Massage Therapy (Level 2)
This two-day workshop is aimed at refining your skills learnt in Level 1, so you can offer more to those pregnant women seeking relief in your current practice.
The focus of this workshop is to allow you to further support women within your scope of practice as a massage therapist for physical and emotional conditions throughout pregnancy.
The student will be able to:
1. Build on previous pelvic skills and techniques with additional focus on nerve entrapments, pelvic ligaments and sacroiliac, lumbosacral and symphysis pubis joints, iliopsoas and quadratus lumborum muscles, pain referral related to potential myofascial trigger points
2. Discuss and provide input regarding challenging emotional and physical issues with clients
3. Identify the need for appropriate referral and when to defer treatment of your client
Location and Dates
- 4 - 5 August
- Completed Prenatal Massage Therapy (Level 1) or equivalent
Equipment and Supplies Needed
- Textbook for reference: Pre-and Perinatal Massage Therapy, Second Edition, By Carole Osborne
- 3-6 pillows per students
- Linens, including breads drapes (twin sizes fitted and flat sheets, bath size towel or king size pillowcase is ideal)
- Unscented massage oil or lotion