Prenatal Massage Therapy
with Lauryn Johnston
As part of our commitment to continuing education New Zealand College of Massage is proud to bring you Lauryn Johnston's Prenatal Massage Therapy.
Schedule: 9am - 5pm
Location: Level 9, 76-86 Manners Street, Te Aro, Wellington
Price: $295- Limited spots available, payment due upon registration
Prenatal Massage Therapy Level One (Foundation Techniques) with Lauryn Johnston
The student will be able to:
- Identify normal structural, functional, emotional, and physiological prenatal changes relevant to massage therapy practices.
- Identify modifications, precautions, and contra-indicated practices to safely perform massage therapy during low-risk, uncomplicated pregnancies.
- Recognize the symptoms of prenatal complications and
high riskfactors to know when to refer and when to withhold massage therapy.
- Techniques for supine,
sidelying, and semi recliningpositions and to most effectively respond to the needs of pregnant clients.
Pre-and Perinatal Massage Therapy, second edition by Carole Osborne
Equipment and supplies needed:
• 3-6 pillows
• Linen, including breast drapes (twin sized fitted and flat sheets, bath size towel or
• Textbook for reference (Pre-reading & focus study on Chapters 1 through 4)
Case study and online quiz - Present one case of a minimum of two prenatal massages after the 12wks and complete an online test to gain your certificate.
Instructor: Lauryn Johnston is a Holistic Massage Therapist, Clinical Aromatherapist and trainer. She has a passion for learning about the body and traditional medicine. She has worked, taught and learnt around