Student Services Fee
WHAT IS CSSF?
CSSF is a fee to cover and support the provision various student services. The fee funds key services for students to assist student success and overall well-being whilst studying at NZCM.
HOW MUCH IS IT?
NZCM has consulted with current students on the introduction of a Student Services Levy for 2020. The CSSF has been set at $400 per Equivalent Full Time Student. Only domestic students studying at level 3 and above pay this fee, unless they are a Youth Guarantee student.
WHAT DOES THE CSSF PROVIDE?
The CSSF helps to fund the costs of delivering student services such as:
• Careers advice, guidance and support
• Support with life skills and general wellbeing
• Access to counselling services on campus
• Financial support and advice
• Sports, recreational and cultural activities.
It does not include services such as academic support, learning services, disability services, or targeted support such as youth. These areas get separate funding from the government and other funding streams.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT TO ME?
As part of the Ministry of Education’s direction, institutions are required to report on how these fees are charged and spent. This is available in the NZCM annual report. Institutions must include students or their representatives when deciding on the following:
• maximum amount that students will pay
• types of services delivered
• procurement of these services
• method for authorising expenditure on these services.
To find out more contact your Student Representative or Campus Manager - and read the 2019 report below.
NZCM CSSF REPORT: November 2019